Our History

Teva Canada Innovation (TCI)

Teva Canada Innovation began Canadian operations in 1997 as Teva Marion Partners, based in Montreal, with the purpose of launching its relapsing-remitting multiple sclerosis drug, Copaxone, in Canada. By 2001, Teva Marion Partners became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited.

Teva Canada Innovation has since expanded through a series of global acquisitions to include additional products in CNS, Parkinson’s disease, women’s health, pain and migraine.

In 2010, the company changed its name to Teva Canada Innovation to better reflect its nature as an innovative, branded pharmaceutical company in Canada. Though Teva is known as the world’s leading generics manufacturer, the company also has a diverse pipeline of branded products. Teva Canada Innovation is the Canadian division for Teva’s global specialty business.

Both Teva Canada Innovation and its generic counterpart, Teva Canada Limited, which manufactures and supplies generic medications to the Canadian market, are subsidiaries of Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited, a global pharmaceutical leader established in 1901.

Teva Pharmaceuticals

Established in 1901, Teva’s global headquarters are based in Israel. Today we have a portfolio of more than 1,000 molecules, producing approximately 64 billion tablets and capsules a year at 66 manufacturing facilities. We rank among the 10 top pharmaceutical companies in the world, and are active in 60 countries. Approximately 58,000 employees around the world are dedicated to our mission.